Monday, April 27, 2009

Gardening Music


There's been a number of " list your favorite plants" posts recently on various gardening blogs, like Sunset magazines'.  How about a list of "great tunes to garden by"  - music to crank up on the outdoor speakers while you garden?  Some of my suggestions, in no particular order:

Sun Giant/Drops in The River - Fleet Foxes (in reality, any and all songs by Fleet Foxes)

Homegrown - Neil Young

Bluebird - Buffalo Springfield

Merriweather Post Pavillion - Animal Collective (play the entire album, absolutely genius)

Good Day Sunshine - The Beatles

Three Little Birds - Bob Marley

2 comments:

  1. You truly are from a different generation! I'll get back to you on this... with songs from the over 60 set...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list is very good but I'll mention:
    Neil Young's Greendale (the whole album) often runs through my head while I'm digging tough dirt or trimming an overgrown something.
    After a triumphal weeding session: Woody Guthrie, This Land is My Land.
    For less confrontational gardening moments, how about Blue Skies (Irving Berlin sung by many) And then there is What a Wonderful World.

    ReplyDelete